Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lately

Last weekend, I visited a farm.

I had no idea what to expect or what to wear. Would I be riding horses? Milking cows? Raking hay? What would I be doing?

Turns out, a lot of this:





I spent a delightful day lounging around, eating food, belting out to Adele and giggling with these beautiful people. I hope I can hang out with these girls more often-- they were so sweet to welcome me into their lives and hang out with a strange gringa for the day. 

I'd forgotten my camera but needn't have worried-- taking pictures was practically all we did. Except I would have liked to take pictures of the lovely house. It was small but spacious-- lovely dark cabinets (hand-made from a nearby village) with cement floors, a wrap-around wide porch and several colorful hammocks. My dream house, in other words. 

We left around 11 and didn't come back 'till 7 at night-- a full, wonderful day. 

hoping you are enjoying similar respites-- 

xoxo,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment