Saturday, November 3, 2012

HOMEWARD BOUND

Well, in December at least.

It is so premature to be excited about returning home for Christmas, but I am. So. Very. Excited.

Longing to be with my family and people that "get" me.

One of the most difficult things about living in Honduras is that I came completely alone, but another difficulty became the people I'm surrounded by. I wonder what it would have been like if I had not met or lived with the other two Americans. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been happier.

For the most part, I am happy. And these Americans are not bad people (though I consider some of their opinions harmful)-- it just so happens that they are polar opposites from me in many ways, and developing meaningful friendships or mutual understandings has proved difficult.

I'm trying to be as honest as I can without crossing the line into negativity. I hope if they read this some day that they are not upset. I'm sure they have had the same difficulties relating to me. And when you are surrounded by someone twenty-four hours a day, you are bound to find certain aspects of that person like sandpaper.

Though when you are the target of the sandpaper, things start to become suffocating.

This is not forever. This is for only 8 months. Women endure pregnancy for longer. I will just think of this as my Patience Baby, growing deep inside me.




No comments:

Post a Comment