Tuesday, October 2, 2012

the little girl that stole my heart

The students at are school are pretty well off, so for the most part I don't see a lot of poverty around me. 

Except when it comes to dogs. I never considered myself crazy over dogs-- sure, I love my own, but I place value in human life a hundredfold over dogs. 

And yet... it's hard not to look at this little girl (or any of the dogs, really) without compassion. 

Here she is... all twenty-two toes of her. 


She's quite a bit smaller than the other dogs... and I would argue thinner, too, though everything is relative here.


Pleading for food.


Count the toes!






She kept inching closer and closer to me... but never wanted me to get too close. 


So scrawny...


and one last itch before you go... 


No comments:

Post a Comment