Wednesday, November 13, 2013

FLIPPED

I bought these shoes for $12 at Salvation Army. I knew it was an incredible deal-- Frye boots are well made and have a great reputation.


I was pretty excited about my find. I proceeded to march off to school in them but soon had to admit to myself that they were both too small and not really my style.

Cowgirl boots? Rather hard to pull off if you are the farthest thing from country.

Meanwhile, my mom had me list half our household on craigslist. On a whim, I decided to do a 24-hour listing of these boots on e-bay. Saturday night I uploaded photos I'd taken earlier that afternoon. Right away I had several hits and even a few people "watching" it. I started to get a bit excited. I bumped up the starting bid from $69 to $89. By the next morning, I had my first bid.

It was pretty thrilling. Especially when the final bid was... get this... $157!!!

Cha-ching!

So I got a bit of the e-bay bug. Monday morning I packaged up the boots snugly and made a beeline back to the Salvation Army. I didn't find any Frye boots, but came out with $40 worth of shoes.

I might have been slightly over-ambitious. I guess this is a learning curve, but I am stubbornly optimistic that it will pan out.

Or maybe I just had beginner's luck. But seriously... $157!


No comments:

Post a Comment