Monday, December 11, 2017

First the pain, then the rising

I made up for being ten minutes late to my last counseling appointment by showing up an hour early this time. And to prove to the world/myself that I was Legit, I pulled out my laptop and started working on next week's assignment. Which was to respond to a video by Glennon Doyle about her struggles with bulimia and addiction as if I was her nurse.
Instead and in keeping with my usual rabbit holes, I wanted to know more about Glennon. How did she get her name and her Michelle Obama arms? I found out that she married the father of her child, had two more kids, found out he cheated, decided to stay, wrote a book about it and then fell in love with Abby Wambach.

Phew. What a life. Also, totally here for the Wambach crush.

Something about her strikes me as a little off, like Kristin Chenoweth taking on a role as a traveling sales(wo)man, but then she'll throw in a line about the need for intersectionality and call out white women for needing to follow WOC as leaders.


Glennon Doyle

There's more, but now I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment